The newly renovated Library/Media Center focuses on maintaining the most current titles, adding/replacing approximately 200 books per year. Technology available includes nine new MAC desktop computers, as well as Kindle Fire E-Readers. The library circulates Kindles, Macbooks, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Ipads for student use daily.
The library is physically designed to accommodate quiet study, with a small study room as well as a conference room for group work, complete with a chromecast and monitor. There are traditional seating areas as well as casual seating areas to suit all learning styles.
We offer a fully automated catalog with remote access for students and faculty. Bishop Kearney circulates EBooks through an EReader app available through our automated library catalog system. Our current EBook catalog includes classics and textbooks as well as new titles recommended by YALSA and the NY Times. Our Library/Media Specialist holds a Master's degree in Instructional Technology, and is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- Young Adult Library Services Association
- Catholic Library Association
In addition to library services, the Library/Media Specialist serves as a mentor to students enrolled in online courses. Students enroll in independent online electives for credit and meet with the mentor during one class period each day to do work and update their progress.
- Remote access to library catalog for students and teachers
- Over 60 EBooks, including classics, bestsellers and textbooks
- Online courses
- The library is available before and after school for special events and clubs/activities, including the morning news.